Saturday, February 27, 2016

I love listening to Hunter sing in the shower. It has to be one of my favorite things!

He doesn't know we can hear him, which makes it even better. He sings everything from Maroon 5, to Katy Perry, to Meghan Trainor. You'll know what his favorite songs are or the ones he's listened to today because those are the ones he sings. And you know what? He's really good!! I remember when he was about 4 years old. I brought him along to go Visiting Teaching with me. As we walked into a particular house, Hunter was singing. The lady stopped us in our tracks and listened to Hunter. She said, 'He is really good! And, he has a perfect pitch!' That was the first time I realized just how good he was.

Hunter loves music. He loves to sing, he loves the beat, and he loves to dance. He reminds me so much of my brother, John. John taught himself to play the piano and guitar. He's been in a couple of bands and has written his own music before. I remember when Uncle Ron took Jamie, John and I to Zion's National Park. It was the August before I got married, so Jamie was about 16 and John was about 12. We saw this cool movie while we were down there about elephants. About 3 months after our trip, John sat down at the piano and played the song from that movie. That's when we realized John had a special gift.

Makes me wonder how music will play a part in Hunter's life. He and John are SO much alike!!

No comments:

Post a Comment