Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thankful

Jared told us something he heard in class today at church. It was...

"What if you woke up and had only the things you said you were thankful for in your prayers last night?"

Isn't that so profound. Makes you think, huh. How many things would we end up with?

I know I'd have my family, our home, safety, and such. Really just the big things I pray about. But really, there is so much to be thankful for. Yes, I am so thankful for my family. For Jared who is my best friend. And our boys, who keep life interesting and fun on a daily basis. I'm thankful for our home. And for the work Jared has. It's starting to drop off because it's getting colder, but I'm thankful for the work he does have. I'm thankful for our trucks, my bed, heat and power, food so we can eat, and that I can cook, our washer and dryer and dishwasher. Our t.v.. I know that's pathetic, but I love Law and Order: SVU and that's my out at nights. I'm thankful for my crafts and sewing machine that my mom gave me (yes, I kinda stole it, but she knows she never uses it and said to keep it). I'm thankful for our animals and being able to watch how much our boys love them. I'm thankful we got our huge trees down. So much stress has been lifted now with those down. I'm thankful we live in America, and for how beautiful it is. Love the sunsets! And for our freedom! And our soldiers!! So thankful my Dad is one of them!

 And I'm so thankful I come from good families on both sides of my parents. They taught and lived good values and I hope to be able to live up to those values.

We have so much to be thankful for in our lives. I hope this Thanksgiving finds us all a little more thankful in our hearts and prayers. Because without Heavenly Father, these blessings wouldn't be possible! I'm so thankful for the gospel and the blessings, peace, and promises that come with it. I can't imagine my life without it.

Tonight when Jared told me and the boys this, he said in our prayers tonight to only say what we are thankful for. And the only thing we could ask to pray for Joan Turner in our ward. And so we did. The boys did really well with this. Once prayers were over though, T.J. said, "Oh, I didn't mean to pray for school and scouts though when I said thank you for everything." At least he covered everything else. Hope one day he realizes how blessed he is to go to school. He's a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment