Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just spent the night inside my dryer. Yep, you read that right. Stupid black crayon! As if I needed something else to do today. It's apparently not bad enough that Jared now has that horrible flu I had Monday, and had to spend an hour cleaning the bathroom because of it. Aaaahhhh! Sometimes I want to scream. I hate the chain reactions of these kinds of days. Thought it was going to be a good day when I got up this morning. And it was, until about 4:15 p.m.. Then it hit. My jinx... curse.... whatever you want to call it.

So instead of complaining anymore, I'm going to focus on my blessings.

1. I got to hang out with my boys after I got the bathroom all cleaned up. Ran a few errands with them then went to Carl's Jr. (or as Hunter calls it "Carlos Jr.") for dinner.

2. Took Hunter to IFA and got him a new coat. He's never had a new coat before. Always got hand me downs from older brothers. But this was the age for both of them that they had a major growth spurt and needed a bigger size then what Hunt needs. Loved seeing Hunter's face as we picked it out and he realized it was his. He wouldn't take it off to check out. Just threw his arm up to scan it and then ripped off the tag. Priceless.

3. Spent an hour helping boys with homework. Love seeing the progress they make from Jared and I spending time with them on it. So proud of how well they are doing.

4. Love how much my boys helped me tonight with chores. We ran out of hay for the horses, so instead of making Jared come load it, T.J. ran with me to Grandpa Morse's, got up on top of the hay stack in the barn, threw down a couple bales onto the truck, and then helped me feed everything outside. He even threw the hay to the horses further then he ever has. He's sure growing up. And instead of going in to go to bed (because he was SO tired!) he made sure to help me get the garbage's to the road first.
Meanwhile, inside he house, Cody and Hunter emptied the dishwasher for me. I have good boys.

5. Jared's surprisingly feeling a touch better. Still feels horrible. But he's up and walking around, which is more then I can say I did on Monday.

6. Listening to my boys say their prayers before bed. Sometimes you just never know what those cute kids will think of to say. And sometimes it's surprising the faith they have at such a young age.

7. And last but not least, I'm thankful for my dryer. As much of a pain in the butt it was to clean out tonight, I wouldn't trade it in. It helps make life much easier. And now my boys will have clean socks in the morning.

Life is good. Sometimes we need something like this to shake it up a bit. And once it's over, I'm thankful for that little trial in life.

P.S. If this happens again, and it better not, but if it does..... I found that using a bounce sheet and some 409 helps scrub that stuck on crayon off pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. They brighten my day. Great post about blessings it is easy to forget. Sorry about the flu. I hope you guys are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete