Thursday, October 27, 2011

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

In the last couple months I've made these cookies 3 times. (Double batch, too. I should mention though, I needed some for neighbors and friends also.) And as always, they are eaten up right away. I try putting a few bags away in the freezer for a later time, but that later time seems to be within the next few days. I guess it's safe to say this is one of our family's favorite cookies! So here's the recipe...

* 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
* 3/4 C. Crisco
* 1/4 C. Cocoa Powder
* 2 Eggs
* 5 Tbsp. Cold Water

Mix all ingredients together by hand (a hand mixer doesn't do so well with this dough). When mixed, add in 1/2 bag of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips and mix well. But if you're like me and LOVE chocolate, add in about a quarter of a bag more of chocolate chips!

Roll into inch and a half size balls. (These don't stick together as well if you use a lot of chocolate chips, but make it work, cause it's worth it!) Roll completely in Powdered Sugar and placed on a non-greased cookie sheet. These cookies don't spread much so I cram as many on a sheet as I can to bake. Slightly press down on cookie dough before baking.

Bake at 350' for about 10 and a half minutes.

This is what you end up with...

Love the cracks in them. Aren't they pretty?!

Makes my mouth water just posting this.

Oooooey Goooey Goodness! 

Seriously. So good!

Not sure how many cookies this recipe makes though. They get eaten so fast I can't keep track. I think maybe around fifty or so.

Jared loves these cookies now. Before, when he was picky, he didn't like them as much. (That was before I turned him on to good food. Hee... hee.) But now he eats about 8 when they first come out of the oven with those warm chocolate chips inside. And that's huge for him, being all healthy CPT now. My favorite way to eat them is when they are cold; especially when they come out of the freezer. Love chocolate that way.

The boys favorite way to eat them... any way! What can I say, they're boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment