Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pleadge of Allegiance

Cody's 3rd grade class at school got to record the Pledge of Allegiance for KBULL 93, a local country radio station, and have it played on air this morning at 8:00 a.m.. How cute is that?! They recorded it weeks ago, and thankfully it was a day when Cody was feeling OK was able to make it to school so he got to do it with them. I almost forgot about it, but luckily found the reminder paper a couple days before hand. (The boys have been off-track for two weeks, so we got the reminder paper way in advance.)

I text family members and had them listen. And also found a tape to record it on. It was cute to listen. The radio announcers introduced the kids by mentioning how they read a combined total of over 3500 minutes a week. Then they played the Pledge of Allegiance with the kids saying, "God Bless America" afterwards. It was exciting to hear it!

Cody rewound the tape a few times to listen to it again. He was excited about it. If I can find a link to it through KBULL's website, I'll post it, but right now I can't seem to find one.

I love hearing kids say the Pledge of Allegiance. It never goes out of style!

No comments:

Post a Comment