Monday, March 26, 2012

New Boots

I love getting new boots. There's nothing like it. I love the smell, the feel of the tough leather, and how clean they are... cause let's face it, when you're a cowboy/girl, they don't stay clean for long. At least around here any way.

Then again, I love a good pair of worn in boots. The ones that fit your feet just right and show the story of your life with the worn out look.

I guess it's safe to say I love any kind of boots.

It was Hunter's turn for new boots. His old ones were on the verge of not being able to be called boots any more. The seams had come unsewn and the leather could literally be pulled up to reveal his socks. But cute little Hunter still wore them. He has a hard time parting with clothes and boots. But even he knew it was time for some new ones.

So we headed into IFA. He looked all through the boot section and spotted the John Deere boots. He threw them on so fast and started struttin' around. Granted he looked good in them, but there was a slight problem. The John Deere boots had doubled in price! 'Bout made me sick! We used to be able to get a good pair of them for $45.00, and now they were $80! Ridiculous! I love John Deere but I'm not paying $80 for a pair of boots that will be grown out of before they are worn out. He's the last kid of mine which means there aren't any others to take over the boots once he's finished with them.

I felt so bad telling him we couldn't get those. I told him they were too much. Hunter then said very sternly, "What... you don't want me looking good?!" The things that come out of that boys mouth. I couldn't stop laughing. He's such a character.

Finally he decided he liked these boots instead so we got them.
Once Hunt put them on there was no taking them off. Jared had to throw Hunter up on the counter to check out. The girl who checked us out was our neighbor. She had a good laugh at Hunter like we all do.

I love that kid. I love his imagination and the things that come out of his mouth. He's sure a character. It's so fun to see his personality come out more and more as he gets older. Now if only we could get him to stop wearing his size 6 wranglers when he wears an 8. He looks like he's wearing tights. Hopefully one of these days he'll like his new clothes, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment