Monday, February 13, 2012

Ring Leaders

I did it. I became one of "Those" parents tonight.

I threatened my kids with, "One day I hope you guys have kids who are exactly like you someday!".

Ya, it's been one of those nights.

My boys are so hyper. Actually, take hyper and then times it by 10 and you have my boys tonight. It must be because it's Valentine' Day tomorrow cause other than that, I have no idea where this is coming from. They haven't had sugar. Dad isn't home (He's our biggest ring leader), and they've supposedly been doing homework. How do you get this hyper from doing homework?!

Honestly!

I don't know if I dare go back upstairs. I can hear them as I type. It sounds like herds of elephants galloping across the floors. Hunter is running circles between the kitchen and living room, pretending to be the horse in the rodeo who runs while holding the flag during the Star Spangled Banner. Only his version of the song,  "And the heart of the three." (Translation... "And the home of the Brave"). Cody and T.J. are "working" on their Valentine's, but really are laughing as hard as they can at Hunter, who is now doing tricks with the flag as he runs past. Cody then yells out, "I almost peed my pants!" as he's gasping for breath between bouts of laughter.

Then the boys run downstairs to tell me Hunter has changed the message on the answering machine. You know, the one everyone hears when they call and no one answers. I don't even know how to do that! I'm one of those old people who have to break out the manual to figure technical stuff out. (Embarrassing!) Good thing we don't have that hooked up right now. More bouts of laughter erupt as they listen to that chipmunk voice of his over the newly recorded message.

And they say they are doing homework!

My house is turning into a zoo.

Three boys. All within three and a half years.  They've become the ring leaders around here. I never knew the energy that could come from boys until I had my own. I can't wait until Spring when it stays lighter longer and I can make my boys run laps in the yard with the dogs. Good source of energy depletes.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment